• What happens if I don’t pay my rent?
    • Finbar to Rent has a zero tolerance policy on rent arrears and a formal breach notice will be issued if you fall behind with your payments. To prevent any legal action against you, you should always pay your rent on time. If you are having any financial difficultly, please speak with your Property Manager before your rent is due.
  • What constitutes ‘fair wear and tear’ in my apartment?
    • ‘Fair wear and tear’ is considered to be the deterioration to your apartment that would happen over time by normal use. For example, the carpet wearing down in high traffic areas or fading paint on the walls. As a tenant, you cannot be held responsible for ‘fair wear and tear’, however, anything beyond that of ‘fair wear and tear’ could be considered property damage, for which you would be liable.
  • Can I leave before the expiry of my lease agreement?
    • If you decide to vacate the apartment before your fixed term lease expires, then you would be ‘breaking’ your lease. There are usually costs involved for breaking your lease, including rent until a new tenant is found. If your circumstances change and you need to break your lease, speak with your Property Manager as soon as possible so that we can help you mitigate any financial impact.
  • Can I have a pet?
    • Most of the time a Landlord will consider pets, so please feel free to ask your Property Manager for permission. You will also need to bear in mind the Strata By Laws pertaining to your particular building, as these may prohibit or put limitations on the type and number of pets allowed. Strata By Laws for Finbar’s buildings can be found on our website.
  • Can I have someone move in with me?
    • The Landlord will need to approve any changes to your lease agreement, which includes a different resident or a change in the number of residents. You will need to ask permission from your Property Manager, who will walk you through the process and negotiate with the Landlord on your behalf.
  • What happens if my keys or remotes go missing?
    • Contact your Property Manager immediately, we will assist you as quickly as we can in arranging a replacement. Unfortunately, the costs associated with this will be your responsibility.
  • What happens if I lock myself out?
    • If this happens during business hours, then please call our office as we are happy to assist you. After business hours, you will however need to contact a local locksmith to gain entry to your apartment at your own expense.
  • Can I make alterations to my apartment?
    • It is important that your apartment feels like your home and you may wish to carry out minor alterations such as installing picture hooks or hanging shelves.  Simply contact your Property Manager and provide a written request for any alterations so that we can arrange permission from the Owner on your behalf.
  • Who do I contact if there is an emergency?
    • If you experience an emergency maintenance issue, then contact our office on 08 6211 3388 and one of our Property Managers will be able to assist you.
    • If you cannot reach your Property Manager (but have attempted to) and the emergency issue is considered an urgent repair in accordance with legislation, then you can arrange for the repairs yourself and the Landlord will be required to reimburse you for the costs. Prior to arranging any repairs, please check your obligations by visiting www.commerce.wa.gov.au.
    • In the event of any other type of emergency, here are some helpful contacts:
      Emergency Services: 000 (Police, Ambulance & Fire Fighters)
      Police: 131 444 (non-emergency)
      Lifeline: 13 11 14
      Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000
      Department of Mines Industry, Regulation & Safety: 1300 304 054 (Department of Commerce)
      Western Power: 13 13 51
      Water Corporation: 13 13 75
      Telstra: 13 22 03